1. Check that the main voltage (power supply or outlet) corresponds to the
air compressor specifications.
2. An extension cord that is too thin or too long can cause a voltage drop and cause the motor to overheat.
Extension cord of 14 gauge 25 feet is reccomended
3. Generator is too small and produces too few watts to run the air
The thermal protector turned on because the motor is overheating.
Do not run motor continuously (non-stop) for more than 1 hour.
Mutiple times of overheating will permenately burn and danage the motor.
When pressure is left in an air tank for prolong periods of time, the check valve spring can become compressed cause the motor to not
1. Turn off and unplug the air
2. Drain the air tank from the drain
3. Locate the check valve on the
parts diagram in manual
4. Remove the hex nut cap on the
check valve. (see picture below)
5. Remove the spring located inside
the check valve.
6. Clean the inside of the check
7. Clean and enlong the
8. Replace the spring and
9. Close the drain
10. Plug in the power cord and
turn on the air compressor.
Pressure switch worn or
Motor not receiving power from the
Excess water in the air tank or
usage over time can cause the pressure switch to fail.
Resolve Issue: Replace Pressure
Pressure switch not turning
Resolve Issue: Check contacts
inside the pressure switch and tighten
i.e. Reference 60040DCAD Pressure Switch Wiring shown below